Oasis – Mucky Fingers
We’re done with state testing. Conceivably, this should mean that things should be slowing down. Unfortunately, the opposite is true. A few anecdotes from the week.
- Monday: Voluntarily subjecting myself to another morning of frustration, humiliation, and four-putts, I enjoyed another round of golf with representatives from the English and P.E. departments. On this beautiful morning we were treated to several fly-overs from a squadron of WWII-era aircraft, likely participating in one of the Memorial Day events occurring around the city. WIN
- Wednesday: I must be crazy. I must be absolutely insane. On Wednesday, I interviewed for a 5-week summer fellowship with our district headquarters. It boiled down to three questions (unfortunately, not these three). First time I’d actually worn a tie in nearly a year. ???
- Thursday: One of my students unwisely decides it’d be a good idea to imbibe a bit before arriving to class, then proceeds to vomit all over the classroom floor. Brilliant. Ironically, earlier in the week I had been wistfully remembering the days of carpeted classroom floors (unlike my tile); now, I consider myself lucky. More than being angry with this student, I was mostly sad because I’d seen her make so much progress in the year that I’d had her. FAIL
- Friday (Part 1): Coachella tickets for next April went on sale today (yes – more than 10 MONTHS in advance). I sit in a waiting room for several hours but score 1 for each weekend. WIN
- Friday (Part 2): Our drama teacher roped me into writing a 60-sec song for a TV commercial (for a doll) he’s doing with his drama students. It ended up being a pretty fun song, and he got a quintet of 7th graders to sing along. Very fun. However, in retrospect, I’m realizing that it sound fiendishly similar to this:
Hopefully, I’ll be able to avoid the George Harrison v. The Chiffons fiasco.