Yesterday I attended the CTA rally in Pershing Square to protest the massive budget cuts to education in our great state of California.
The event provided me yet another opportunity to traverse downtown Los Angeles, a neighborhood that I am coming to love more and more.
- The downtown architecture is stunning, especially if you are standing in the right places.
- Despite all evidence to the contrary, there IS free parking available. Buy me a drink next time we’re out and I’ll divulge my secret spots.
- A friend had once randomly told me that the restrooms at The Omni were amazing. Turns out he was right.
- There are at least 2 Irish pubs downtown, although neither one really seems to compare to the one in Mid-City.
- Walking back to my car I passed Two California Plaza, the 72nd tallest building in the United States. Way up high was a pair of window washers. The sun was setting, the air was cool, pedestrian and automotive traffic was almost nonexistent, and standing there looking up in the serene silence of the moment, I realized once again, how much I love this city.